Employers have the opportunity to customize their core package of Employee Assistance / Work Life Program services as well as to choose from a menu of program enhancement services.
Core program options include:
Toll Free 800# Access with 24/7 accessibility: Employees will speak directly with trained clinicians who will assess the concern and provide appropriate referral for service
Counseling sessions: Employers select the maximum number of counseling sessions per presenting problem. FIRSTCALL provides brief, solution- focused intervention for employees that do not need specialized or longer term treatment. Short term counseling is offered face to face by credentialed counselors located convenient to work or home. Employers chose to purchase three, five or eight sessions available to the employee, household member and/ or dependent per presenting issue.
Work Life services: FIRSTCALL’s work life service is available on line or telephonically and is an information- rich service that provides articles, provider search capability, resource links and interactive tools and calculators. Employees can choose to take advantage of the robust resources on line and/or call the 800# to speak directly to a work life expert.
Employees have access to telephonic consultation from a work life expert who will provide personalized consultation, research and referrals as well as access to our self-service web locator for childcare and eldercare resources. These resources are available with a required password and only to employees of companies and organizations who have selected this option.
Online assistance is available via:
- Family/caregiving module—A collection of web-based resources for managing the care and education of family members. Child/eldercare locator databases, support articles, resource links and interactive tools.
- Assisted searches—Some plans include an option that allows you to request, via the web, information on child/eldercare resources.
- Direct assist—Enlists “chat technology” to allow you to communicate directly with a counselor specializing in child or eldercare, via the web.
Work Life assistance is provided in a broad range of work life needs including:
- Child care—Child Care Centers, Family Day Care Homes, Nanny/Au Pair Agencies, Before and After School Care, Summer Camps, Prenatal Care, Parenting, Special Needs
- Adoption—International Adoption, Adoption Attorneys, Surrogacy
- Education—Public and Private Schools, Tutors, Exam Preparation, Colleges and Universities
- Elder care—Senior Housing, Home Care and Adult Day Care, Retirement Communities, Hospice, Alzheimer’s/Dementia
- Daily living—Pet-sitting, Personal Support Services, Relocation, Consumer purchases
- Relocation- Moving due to job responsibilities, Finding neighborhoods and schools, Arranging for moving companies, Finding apartments
- Retail savings- purchasing through discount programs, comparison shopping
- College Planning- College admission process, Understanding the application and test requirements, Selecting the right college, Financial planning and funding for college
- Travel- Vacation planning, Planning for work related travel, Finding transportation
On-site services: FIRSTCALL provides on-site management consultations, work-group interventions, critical incident debriefings and conflict mediation at the direction of and in partnership with the employer.
Choice of seminars and customized training seminars, lunch and learns and coffee chats: A number of free on-site programs are included as a part of each core program. Employers can increase the number of programs offered for a nominal fee. Customized topics can be developed on request.
Program promotion: Along with brochures and posters, FIRSTCALL will provide eCommunications (three to four different topics per month) for company distribution on relevant topics, articles for employee eNewsletters, and PDF files for company intranet sites to promote the Employee Assistance Program services and promote utilization of the service. Customized communications can be developed upon request.
Legal and Financial Consultation: Website library and resources on relevant legal and financial topics, 30-minute free consultation and 25 percent discount on usual fees and referrals to local legal and financial experts on such matters as:
- Civil and consumer
- Real estate
- Landlord and tenant
- Power of Attorney
- IRS matters
- Domestic and family law
- Property and title
- Estate, trusts and wills
- Property repossession
- Identity theft
- Personal injury and accident
- Debt management and consolidation
- Financial planning
- Tax questions and planning
- IRS audits
- Credit counseling
- Lease/ purchase
- Retirement and estate planning
- College funding