Any of the services listed below can be added to your chosen basic package of employee assistance program services:
- Health care advocacy and referral services
- Fitness for duty psychiatric evaluations assistance
- Organizational effectiveness and management development
- HealthRisk Assessment
Scroll down for details or contact us.
1. Health advocacy and referral services
This program provides access to the consultation of a Nurse Advocate to help guide employees through the complexities of the health care system and facilitate solutions. The Nurse Advocate is a trained and experienced health care provider with expertise in diseases and illnesses, care and treatment, eldercare decisions and health insurance plans. The Nurse Advocate serves as a liaison for clients to health care providers, insurance plans and other health related community resources.
This benefit offers a broad menu of services including guidance and assistance on:
- Access to physicians, specialists, hospitals, dentists and related health care providers including alternative medicine specialists
- Coverage issues, claims assistance, fee negotiation, grievances and appeals
- Communicating with health care providers
- Discharge Planning
- Eldercare decisions
- Facilitating and expediting appointments
- Prescription advocacy
- Coordinating transitions of care for self or family members
- Help finding specialists for second opinions
- Facilitating care and treatment
- Patient guidance and support during serious illnesses or when recovering from major injuries
- Locating medical equipment and supplies
- Prescription benefits and drug questions
- Researching disease specific standards of care
- Locating Centers of Excellence
- Medical Record Transfers
2. Department of Transportation substance abuse professional services
FIRSTCALL Employee Assistance Program will help companies and organizations stay in compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations regarding employer/manager training and substance abuse professional (SAP) services to a DOT-regulated employee who has a positive alcohol/drug test.
3. Fitness For duty
There may be times when an employee’s mental health may prevent him/her from safely performing his/her duties. We can help to arrange a Fitness for Duty evaluation with one of our approved psychiatrists to determine that an employee can continue in or return to his/her position.
4. Organizational effectiveness and management development
FIRSTCALL will partner with you to help develop motivated leaders who inspire others and who maximize the performance potential of your valued employees. We will proactively assist our clients in having effective, productive and healthy workgroups. To accomplish this we offer consultation in the following:
- Leadership development: executive coaching and management effectiveness training to benefit senior level management.
- Team building: Sometimes changes in leadership, new directives, personnel change and employee conflict create the need for team building. Our experts help teams stay productive, develop internal and interdepartmental positive working relationships and develop positive adapting skills.
- Human resources: Policy and program development is critical for the successful mission of any organization. Through needs assessments, focus groups, employee development programs, performance management and succession planning, we support Human Resource departments to ensure positive and equitable employee relations.
- Selection decisions: We provide pre-employment evaluation of executives to enable organizations to make informed and successful placement decisions. These evaluations and assessments guide the organization to a “best fit” in their selection.
- Organizational dynamics: We recommend strategies for maximizing human capital in executing business objectives by performing an organizational audit with data collection, an assessment of the values, attitudes among the human capital and by examining critical practices.
For more information, call 484.337.4411 or email the Director of Business Development.
Access to robust library of audio messages on general health topics and 24/7 toll-free access to a registered nurse for professional assistance and support on non-emergency medical questions and concerns including:
- Determining the need to seek medical care
- Medications, medical tests and procedures
- Information on taking care of a new or chronic health condition
- Communicating more effectively with health care providers
- How to stay healthy
6. Health risk assessment
Comprehensive, interactive on line health risk assessment tool (HRA) available through the Mayo Clinic providing immediate results and recommendations useful for assessing current health status and lifestyle behaviors that increase risk for illnesses or accidents. Employees are assessed in the following areas:
- Heart conditions
- Diet and Nutrition challenges
- Weight Management
Outreach calls are made to the top 20 percent of high risk employees with recommendations provided to improve overall health.
Telephonic and online wellness coaching portal provides education, support and referrals by health care professionals addressing areas such as:
- Locating yoga instructors, massage therapists, chiropractors
- Weight loss, smoking cessation via interactive modules
- Fitness and nutrition